|Mahatma Gandhi's bust in Medellin|
The innauguration of the Mahatma Gandhi's bust at the Museum of Memory at Bicentenario Park will take place on May 21 2013 at 5:00 pm. The cityhall of Medellín and the Embassy ofIndia have installed the bust, with the help of the Honorary Indian Consulate in Medellín. The bust was donated by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations ICCR and was brought directly from India.
IMPORTANT VISITS FROM INDIA
- RITES delegation visited Colombia: In June 2008, a 3-member RITES delegation led by the Executive Director of RITES visited Colombia to explore the opportunities of participating in proposed railway projects in this country.
- Texprocil delegation visited Colombia: In June 2008, a 7-member delegation from the Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council of India (Texprocil) visited Colombia to participate in a Buyer-Seller meet organized by the Embassy in Bogotá in association with the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce. About 50 Colombian buyers of cotton yarn and textiles participated in the BSM.
- Seminar on Handicrafts: The Embassy of India in Bogotá, in collaboration with the Development Commissioner for Handicrafts, Government of India and the Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) organized a seminar and cultural performance in Bogotá in November, 2008 to present the latest developments in the handicrafts industry in India. A delegation of Colombian fashion designers attended the Handicrafts Fair in India in February 2008.
- India-Colombia Buyer Seller meet: A delegation of 11 Indian businessmen belonging to Plexconcil (Plastics Export Promotion Council) and the Engineering Export Promotion Council of India (EEPC) visited Colombia 26-27 March, 2009. The delegation comprising 11 business houses had extensive meetings with Colombian businessmen over two days, organized by the Embassy of India in Bogotá with the collaboration of the Colombia-India Chamber of Commerce.
- Business delegation visited Colombia: A high-powered 10-member business delegation visited Colombia in the first week of June 2009. While some companies are already active in Colombia, others came for the first time. The delegation met with President Uribe, and also met the Colombian Ministers of Finance; Mines and Energy; and Commerce. The delegation members had individual business meetings and prospects for trade contacts and business investments are bright.
- In November 2009 two delegations from capexil and ESC India visited Colombia to hold 2 BSM is Bogotá
- EPCH India participated in Expoartesanías 2009, with India as invited honor country
-A 5 member textile delegation from Texprocil visited Colombia in March 2010