IN LIEU OF LOST PASSPORT
Applications for duplicate passports are normally not accepted by mail except with prior approval of the Consular Officer. However, the applicant may be required to come in person if needed.
Please submit your application form with the following documents:
- Copy of Police Report with English translation duly notarized.
- Six photographs (front pose with light background/dimension 3.5cm x 3.5 cm)
- Six copies of Personal Verification form (click here)
- In case of student, letter from school/college is required.
- Affidavit (click here)
- Photocopy of the previous (lost) passport.
- Photocopy of driver licence or employer's letter (as applicable)
- Photo copy of identity card/work permit/ stay permit (as applicable)
- An application in plain paper giving reasons for the loss of the passport.
Misrepresentation of facts may entail denial of passport facilities. Applications received with incomplete details will remain unprocessed. A duplicate passport may not be issued for the second loss/damage of passport. Habitual losers of passport will be subject to enquiry.
- Registration form (if you are not registered with the Embassy click here for registration form)
It normally takes three-four months in completing the process and duplicate passports can be issued only on receipt of clearances from the concerned authorities in India . Applicants are, therefore, requested to refrain from making written/e mail/telephone enquiries during this period.
Fee for duplicate passport: USD 128/- OR Col Pesos 343,000/-